Baby Shower Gift Idea
June 14, 2007
Posted by on
Here’s a unique baby shower gift idea I thought you might enjoy :). I have given lots of board books at baby showers, and I’ve also given photo albums and scrapbooks (of coarse!), but here is a gift idea that combines all three!
*For credits, click here*
Tips & Tricks:
- I used a blank, acid-free, white board book that I found at a craft store.
- The “story” was actually a poem I found online, but you could also write your own if you wanted.
- I used strips of paper to add height behind the little picture frames, but thin strips of foam tape would work well too. Just make sure there is room on either side to slide the photo in and out.
- Rather than dedicating a lot of room on the page for journaling, I added these really cool mini accordion album stickers to few of the pages. They are perfect for journaling or for tiny pictures. I tied them closed with little pieces of ric-rac. Even if you can’t find stickers like these, you could easily make a small accordion albums of your own that coordinate with the pages.
- I designed the whole front cover on the computer and only added some doodling on the title once it was printed.
- Lots of repetition helps tie this book together. Some techniques I repeated throughout include: decorative edged papers, inking, sanded edges, coordinated patterned papers (all from one kit) and the text always used the same font backed by variations of the same digital stamp.
These blank board books are so versatile and fun :). Try one, I’m sure you’ll love it!