Happy New Year!!!!
Lest you think I’m so one dimensional that ALL I think about it scrapbooking, I did a more personal version of this post on my other blog :). But here is the scrappin’ version!
Seven Memories of 2007:
1. Scrapbook Ideas Blog. I had been enjoying the blogs of other scrapbookers for a couple of years already, so I decided to start my own scrapping blog in February of 2007. This has been a fun and fulfilling adventure!
2. Online Friends. Before I started digital scrapbooking, I had no idea it was possible to become true friends with such super sweet ladies without ever meeting them in person! But when you start getting real Christmas cards and gifts from your online friends, you realize that yes, it IS possible :)! I’m thankful for you, you know who you are :)!
3. Creative Teams. I am so happy and blessed to have worked with so many talented designers in 2007!! Every day feels like Christmas when you get to create with all of your favorite designs, and promoting people and products that you truly love is not a chore, it’s a joy! I have learned sooooooo much through these experiences and I’ve also made some wonderful friends.
4. The pcLayers Contest. I made a new digital scrapbook page every day for 24 days in November! My goal was to have enough entries to increase my chances in the random drawing for a digital SLR camera. I didn’t win the camera, but I was totally shocked to win first place in the advanced scrapbooking category, the prize being PSCS3 and a $50 gift certificate! The daily scrapping also taught me to be less of a perfectionist and I got much faster at scrapping :). Plus I made some more new friends.
5. The Celebration. The 100th post celebration was SO FUN and I’m still going back to all of those tips and ideas provided by all of you creative scrapbookers! Thanks for your participation!!
6. A Little Designing. I enjoyed designing a few things here and there in 2007. I am so thankful to Weeds and Wildflowers for letting me sell my shape templates in their shoppe! The rest were mostly freebies for Scrapbook Ideas. They were so fun to make, but that little bit of designing sure gave me a lot of respect for full time designers!!! Wow, I don’t think I could ever manage that job!!!
7. My first publication. Having one of my projects published in Digital Artist Magazine, and contributing an article for the DSAG Notebook was a big milestone for me! I enjoyed working with those publications and I think the experience gave me a nice confidence boost :).
Eight Ideas for 2008
These are some ideas about what I’d like to do this year, let’s see what happens :)!
1. Faithbooking. I have heard about faithbooking, but I have not really researched it enough yet. I really want to look into this in 2008. Since my faith is such a huge (the biggest, actually) part of my life, I need to start documenting it more!
2. Submitting. I think it is time I start submitting some of my projects to in-print magazines. I would love to see my work printed in a magazine, what a neat keepsake that would be for Gabe! But that’s just not going to happen until I start submitting…
3. Gabe’s Album. I have made many many scrapbook pages about Gabe, but I have yet to make one cohesive album from start to finish just for him. That is a goal for this year.
4. My Wedding Album. Yes, I have the regular wedding album from the photographer, but I have yet to make the wedding album scrapbook I have been planning on doing for the past 4 years. Maybe I can get it done just in time for our 5 year anniversary!
5. Get Better at Photography. I want to try this project, that Emily mentioned today. I think I am going to post most of the photos at my other blog, but I’m mentioning it here, because I think it will improve my photography skills and better photos make better scrapbook pages!
6. Hybrid Scrapbooking. This is going to be the BIG thing in scrapbooking for 2008! I want to really improve my skills in hybrid scrapbooking – I have so many ideas to try and it is going to be a blast!
7. Scrapbook Ideas. I have some great plans for this site, I want to make it a better and better resource throughout the year!
Wow, such a long post, and no photos!!! Sorry about that, thanks for letting me get all my New Year’s musing down “on paper” LOL!
Edited to add:
JanMary pointed out that I forgot idea number eight! Hahaha! OK, here it is :):
8. Etsy Shop. I have always wanted to have a little shop at etsy.com where I could sell my own hand-made treasures. I hope to realize that dream sometime this year!