Long Lost Scrapbook Pages
June 27, 2009
Posted by on
Here are a few scrapbook pages I made almost a year ago, but forgot about sharing them here until now. Most of the supplies I used are from Fancy Pants Designs and Prima – I also used lots of glitter glue :)! I know you’ve seen most of these photos before, but sometimes I can’t help using my favorite photos again and again in new ways – is that so wrong?
Tips, Tricks and Ideas:
- When using glittered embellishments on a page, try adding glitter glue to paper cutouts as well for a cohesive look.
- If you want to print your title or journaling directly onto patterned paper, be sure to use a font that is bold enough or large enough that it can be read easily. Using light colored paper helps a lot too.
- Try sanding the edges of your photo to create an instant grungy border.
- Add your own doodled words to title and journaling for a totally unique look (as I did in second page for the words “Little” and “Fairy”, and for the title and journaling in the last page).
- To add fairy/angel wings to a photo, use a craft knife to carefully cut along the outline of the subject. Then insert the edges of the wings into the slots, adhering them behind the photo.
- When using extra thick double sided cardstock, it helps to use brads and staples to hold down curled paper edges – plus it adds even more interest and contrast to the edges. Experiment with different brad shapes and textures – and you can even push some brads in from the back of the page for a fun look!
- If you have a diecut or chipboard shape you’d like to use on your page but the colors are all wrong, try coating the whole thing with glitter glue like I did for the green heart on the last page (above).