Simple Handmade Gift Idea
June 29, 2009
Posted by on
Here’s a simple project idea I tried recently which was small enough to slip into an envelope with a card. These were quick and easy to make and I used mostly supplies I already had around the scraproom – yay :)!
- Small cardboard-backed notepad
- Magnet (adhesive backed would be a plus)
- Paper flowers and/or other embellishments
- Hot glue gun or other adhesive
- Adhere the magnet to the back of the notepad. A thin, flat magnet would be best, since the idea is that the notepad can be written on while hanging up. You can purchase adhesive backed magnets or just use those free magnets you get as advertisements (that’s what I used, since I always save them and have plenty on hand).
- Decorate the top of the notepad with paper flowers and a gem (the ones I used are by Prima), or use any other embellishments you like!
Tip: I love using my hot glue gun for projects like this – I just add a dot of hot glue, then quickly place the paper flowers on top and use the gem to press and hold it all together for a few seconds until the glue is dry. It works because there are tiny holes in the flower centers which allow the glue to adhere all the flowers and the center together at once!
Have fun, and let me know if you make some of these! Oh, and depending on how bulky/heavy your notepad is, you might need a bit of extra postage on your envelope - so keep that in mind if you plan to mail them :).