Wild Happenings at SMJ Designs
May 16, 2008
Posted by on
Ooooo, I love this new kit, Wild Animals, by Shabby Miss Jenn!! I had so many cute “animal” pics, that I decided to make a two page layout with it :).
*Click Here for Credits*
Isn’t it fun? If you love it, go grab it while it’s on sale!! AND for a limited time, you will get a matching bracket album for FREE with purchase!! Seriously cool!! I also used some templates from Kissed Studio to make the pages above. Gotta love templates for making the process so much easier :)! If you’ve never tried the templates by Kissed studio before, now is your chance to grab one for free! There’s a challenge going on at the SMJ creative team blog, so you can use the free template and have the chance to win some great prizes, including two $25.00 gift certificates for any product in the Kissed Studio template store and four $10 gift certificates to the Shabby Miss Jenn Designs store! Check it out here.
A Few Template Tips and Tricks
Templates are so easy to use, because all the work of laying out the page has already been done for you, BUT you don’t have to be limited by the template’s original layout. Try thinking of templates as “jumping off points” for your pages. You can alter them in many ways to suit your needs. Here are just a couple of possibilities:
- Rotate or flip the entire template or just one or two components of the template for a whole different perspective.
- Add new elements or shapes to a finished template page, OR crop and/or remove parts of a template that don’t fit with your page.
- Experiment with scale: make a little title big or a big circle tiny, etc.
- Duplicate elements of the template, then use them as a grouping or line them up on the page.
- Compile various elements of different templates together to make a new template.
- For more template ideas look here.